La Costa Heights is proud to be a Leader in Me School. Leader in Me is a whole-school improvement process based on the idea that everyone can be a leader. This evidence-based approach empowers students with the leadership and life-skills they need to thrive in the 21st century. We focus on developing the whole-child by:
- teaching LEADERSHIP to every student,
- creating a CULTURE of student empowerment,
- and aligning systems to drive results in ACADEMICS.
7 Habits of Highly Effective People
The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People is one of the key frameworks of the Leader in Me process. In addition to helping students learn and apply leadership skills, the 7 Habits give us a common language in building a supportive emotional environment.
4 Disciplines of Execution
The 4 Disciplines of Execution is another key framework of the Leader in Me that helps us to identify, track, and achieve academic and personal Wildly Important Goals (WIGs).
We invite families and community partners to join us in our mission to inspire learners and empower leaders by:
- Attending school leadership events
- Sponsoring a school-wide leadership role or club
- Supporting one of our service learning projects
- Speak with your child's teacher on how to support leadership in your child's classroom